Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Young but with a purpose

This week has been a bit slower with the work to say the least....

There was a day for sciopero (when no public transportation works..ie buses tram..everything that we use). So last pday we were trapped in our little home near the mountain tops. 

Thursday we had zone conference in Verona with the two other zones...Blessed be that day! I saw so many wonderful missionaries that I have not seen since the beginning of time. It was too good! It was great because our stake president came to speak to us missionaries and is great because of stake president is in our ward... So we will be meeting with his family tomorrow! yay!

There has been a ton of rain these past days..There is even some snow in the mountains again it is so cold...So Sorella Woods and I have been just a little bit stressed these past days because all of our 2 investigators seem to slowly be dropping us.. So we were going outside to do some finding when we ran into one of our investigatos..ecco la...seriously it truly was an answer to prayer because she wouldn't answer her phone. So we foloowed her to where she was going and had a little lesson with her. She had a box of chickens that she was going to take to the butcher so she could make her sister food..It was just hilarious because one of the chickens would kept sticking its head out of the brown box...Which reminded me of when dogs stick their heads out of a car window..it was priceless. Our investigator kept trying to push the chickens head back into the box. 

Although the work is very slow..I can't complain. I have a spectacular ward here in Bergamo that I am serving in and I love my companion Sorella Woods. We just have a  blast together and make the most of each day. 

Monday and Tuesday I did a scambio with Sorella Baer here in Bergamo..Blessed be that day! It was so great to see her and catch up about life and her new city. Shesh I learned a ton from her in only about 24 hours. It was wonderful. 

This past week there have been several people who have said to me, "Siete giovanne"... The sort of you haven't tried out things in life reponse..The classic phrase that I have heard un'po durante la missione..haha... But I thought of this verse today that in the Book of Mormon that I read today in Alma 57:27 

"Now this was the faith of these of whom I have spoken; they are young, and their minds are firm, and they do put their trust in God."


Although I am young (only 19 years old), I know why I am out here in Italy. That is because I know that this message is true. I know that through a prophet of God the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored to the earth. That today we have the evidence of this restoration through a book that has changed my life.. The Book of Mormon. I know that God loves his children and wants us to have this knowledge of his love, goodness and mercy. I may be young but I know that this message can bring more joy than anything else in the world. I am grateful for these moments that I can remember why I am here preaching the gospel in Italy for a year and a half of my life. I am so grateful to be here although we have really no one to teach right now. I am grateful to share what I know to be true to those people that will listen to us. 


I love you all! I hope eveyone in the family is feeling better. I am praying for all of you. I love you all so much! 

Vi voglio tanto bene,

Sorella Rebecca Carter

always food.. I know...chocolate cocco piadine


best san pellegrino ever!! seriously though.. apparently there is a san pellegrino factoy here in bergamo..too good.




la spesa


polenta eisle...haha


they sell popcorn now dad! haha



sciopero

verona



rainy clouds


scambio with la sorella baer


they sell shoes with my name






No comments:

Post a Comment