Monday, March 24, 2014

Tough times in Bergamo

This past week was a little bit stressful for reason... Sunday we were so excited because we were taking our investigator to our bishop's home for pranzo and they invited all of us to come. For some reason it was just a stress filled domenica. There was a lot of sassy remarks from our investigator which made us a little bit nervous and embarassed. We were nervous for our lesson with her yesterday.. I felt nauseous.. I never get nervous for teaching lessons anymore, but I for some reason I just felt completely sick to my stomach.. Basically it was the feeling of going on a first date or taking a test..But all is well now. The lesson went well and I feel a lot better. Tutto posto.
 
We are kindof struggling to find new investigators. We have two that meet with us regularily and that is all. We teach a lot of people on the tram, bus, streets, but none of them want to meet with us again. So we are trying to find people who want to meet with is, which has been a little bit of a struggle this week. Ah! I really just want to find someone who will let us teach them. Hopefully we will be able to find someone this next week.
 
It has been very warm here in Bergamo. It almost feels like summer here..no jacket, no tights, no scarf..It is a wonderful feeling.
 
Also we taught a nice man on the tram last week who asked if he could pray for us.. After he told us to go and talk to a woman on the tram..Then he started talking to the woman and told her that we wanted to talk to her. It was hilarious. Sorella Woods and I just started smiling as all of this happened. We started talking to the woman but she told us she had to get off at the next tram stop.. Awkward moments. They still happen everyday and I love it. ha
 
Sorella Woods. She is seriously wonderful and hilarious. We had a weird deja vu moment our first week together. We looked at eachother and just said to one another "You look very familiar..I feel like we knew eachother". Seriously we have so much fun together and are working hard here in Bergamo to find some new people to teach.
 
Tomorrow I am excited because we are going to Verona for Zone Conference! So we will see Presidente e Sorella Dibb and some of the other missionaries. It is going to be good!
 
Last week I started reading the Old Testament, which has been really good thus far. It has been making me think a lot about agency and the importance of having agency during our life. Although it is hard when other people decide to use their agency for bad things, I am grateful that we have this gift. It truly is for our growth and benefit because we learn from the choices that we make in this life. I am grateful to have this agency so that I can learn and grow.
 
I think this next week will be better and hopefully the stress will go away. Speriamo bene.
 
Vi voglio bene,
 
Sorella Rebecca Carter
 
Bolivian food


museum in città alta




Museum


Chocolate salami



Only in bergamo..they have to go polenta



Cittá alta



huge nutella jar a member in our ward gave us..


Pascal






















No comments:

Post a Comment