Wednesday, April 30, 2014

There can be miracles when you believe


Well last pday we went to the ocean with one of our investigators. It was a pretty funny experience to say the least. Today we are going to see the rest of the mosaic museums. 

Sorella Lemos and I are counselors for our young womens president because she never has served in this calling before. So we are helping her with everything. We are teaching her about personal progress and the other things that we do. 

We are starting to teach the lessons each week for the young women.. Guess who is giving the lesson next week??

That is right I am. I am going to teach on the Resurrection next week.. So I am excited and a little bit nervous. So hopefully that will go well on Sunday. I have a couple of things that I have prepared for my lesson on sunday. 

Last week for AMM (mutual activity for young men and young women) we taught them how to play volleyball because one of our anziani played volleyball in college. So that was a fun activity for the youth. We only have two young women right now but I am hoping that we can find some more that we can start teaching and invite to come to all of our activities. 

We have to start playing nouvi inizi..or new beginnings because they have only been in young womens since january. So if anyone has ideas for that night.. that would be a huge help. 

On sunday we had interviews with President Dibb and it was another very goof experience for me. I am so grateful for him and all that he does for us as missionaries. 

We had district meeting that sunday in Rimini and Sorella Dibb did a role play with me because Sorella Lemos was being interviewed. It was so cute because she was so excited to do this role play with me. I feel very blessed to have the Dibb's here as my mission president and his sweet wife as well. 

This last week I have felt sooo much love. For people, for the members, for my investigators, for the random people on the streets and it was such a neat experience. I now can recognize that this is one of the greatest blessings of being a missionary. The ability to love people and to feel Gods love for them. I am so grateful that I can feel God's love for each and everyone of his children even when they might be a little bit mean to us. It is a interesting thing to feel this overwelming love for these people. I love them so much even though I am from a completely different place them culturally and etc. 

This morning I read in the Doctrine and Covenants 135 and it was a beautiful section that made me appreciate all that Joseph Smith did to restore the gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth. He gave his life for the church and he was martyred for what he believed. I am grateful for him because it helps me to realize how important it is for us to stand strong to what we belief and to defend our beliefs. It says, "Joseph Smith, the Prophet and seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it....They lived for glory;they died for glory; and glory is their eternal reward. From age to age shall their names go down to posterity as gems for the sanctified." Doctrine and Covenants 135:3,6

I am so grateful for so many things. I am grateful that I have been able to feel God love this week to help me with the stresses of missionary work. I can't believe that tomorrow is my year mark as a missionary. Time has gone by soo so fast. 

I am excited to work with the young women with their personal progress now. 

vi voglio tanto bene,

sorella rebecca carter




she is hilarious. I saw the ocean!!




ferrry boaat..hah 




dish from argentina..che buono


amm teaching them pallavolo













No comments:

Post a Comment