Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Life as a Missionary

Okay well my lesson for young womens went well on Sunday and both of the two young women were there. Yay! It is so fun because we do progresso personale with the young womens and so I started mine again in Italian. It is very fun to do it now with more knowledge about the gospel now. 

Our last activity we went to a museum with one of the young women, we did personal progress (conoscenza number 3)  with her and then we ate some gelato. It was a good activity. 

I am so excited because at our zone conference in Rimini we found out that we are going to start to use these new booklets that the church has come out with for genealogy for finding.  These booklets are really neat. You put pictures and information that you know for you family. We have been asked to fill out one for out own family and then after we are going to help new converts and other people fill out one for their own family.. Mom and dad I will need some of the information of our family.. haha and photos if we have any as well. I am excited to start using this to find new people to teach. We have a few less actives that we want to start doing this with as well. 

Ravenna is beautiful. I am obessed with this city. It is humid here, but it is just beautiful here. They are starting to do concerts here during the night time. The other night we heard a orchestra of little children playing their instruments is piazza del popolo. It was just beautiful. I am so blessed to be serving in this city and in this great country. 

Well we found out that sorella lemos is allergic to pineapple... to say the least. Yesterday we ate the most delicious pineapple and all of the sudden her face started to swell up and she could not talk.. She told me that she couldn't feel her face..So we went to the hospital and she got two shots to make the swelling go down. Today she is doing better. I felt so bad because she couldn't talk and she loves to talk.. so she just sat there with her puffed up face. Well now we know that Sorella Lemos is allergic to pineapple. That was my first time in an italian hospital and hopefully my last.

This weekend we are going to Firenze because it will be the first stake conference. We are so excited and there will probably be an apostle that will come because it will be a new stake. I will take lots of phots because I think it will be my first and last time in Firenze. 

Thank you for all of the birthday cards. I finally got them all last week. I really appreciate them all. 

This week I finished the Doctrine and Covenants finally and also the Pearl of great Price. I am so grateful for these revelations that we have today. I am very grateful for Joseph Smith and all of the pain that he suffered. There is one verse that I wanted to share, "It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a distruber and an annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me almost in my infancy?" Joseph Smith History 1:20 I am grateful for the sacrifices of Joseph Smith and all of the trials that he faced so that we could have the restored gospel on the earth today. 

I am so excited for mother's day this weekend and I can't believe that I will be able to talk to my family. It doesn't even seem real. I love you all! 

Vi voglio bene,

Sorella Rebecca Carter 

little art show. I think sandi will appreciate this




Ravenna the city of art




mosiac




cute little puppy




young womens!



book of mormon in croatian! so cool! 


pizza..


pday!


I love the mosaic art here





ravenna mosaici 




















No comments:

Post a Comment