Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My mission is only the beginning

This past week felt like a rollercoaster. We had so great miracles happen and then we had so many random things happen as well. It seems like the week alwyas seems to go up and down and usually by tuesday it goes well. During the weekend Sorella Yost was pretty sick so we had to stay inside a day but now she is doing well! all is well!

On Saturday there was a baptism with a boy that we set the baptismal date with and the anziani taught him. It was such a great baptism and there were so many non members who came to the baptism. I helped them with the musical number by leading them (the boy and his family) sing "A Child's Prayer". There was such a sweet spirit when they sang altogether. 

I have realized this past transfer how much I have been able to work with less active members. I love it. It has helped me to understand the importance we have as a member of the church. I have realized this past week how important it is for us to love those who are in the areas, wards, and branches that we work in. There are so many people who feel completely alone and need someone to hold their hand along this hard journey. I hope that when I get hoe that I will be better at this. That I will make sure that people will be able to feel that I care able them and that I want to help them. 

I am grateful for my mission because it has been an eye opening experience for me. I realize now that my mission is really the start of my service to the Lord. That I am truly learning how to be a better member of the church, so when I get home I can take the things that I have learned and put them into practice. This is just the beginning my friends... 

We had a interesting miracle happen this past week when we were doing casa. We talked to a man and had a little conversation, but he had to go and take his grandchildren home. So we continued to do casa. Then we saw him walking home but he began to talk to someone, so we didn't talk to him again...

In the mean time we did casa in the most beautiful area..

Fruits trees of everykind.. peach, apple, apricot, strawberries, cherries, lemons, and etc. 

It was just too beautiful.. Even the rejections from people were sweeter. That was a wonderful casa experience. 

So back to the story.. Okay. We saw a citofono and realized that it was the name of the man that we talked to earlier.. So we rand it and the wife answered. She came outside and started to talk to us. She told us tanti anni fa the anziani came and taught them. She told us that her favorite part was the way that we prayed.. How our prayers are from the heart. After she said that we prayed with her and got her phone number. We hope to go back and teach this sweet elderly couple again soon. When people need to hear the message of the gospel, Heavenly Father makes it happen!

I read this verse from the Old Testament this week and I wanted to share it," The Lord your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes". -Deuteronomy 1:30

I am grateful for the everyday trials that we have because the little miracles become so sweet when we can find them. I am so grateful to know that we have the Savior who is fighting for us to find the true happiness in life. 

I love Ravenna and I know that one day it will be a ward. 

I love Italy so much. The other night there was a concert going on and we were able to hear it from our windows. Too good. 

Vi voglio tanto bene, 

Sorella Rebecca Carter

food from a member in our branch. the baptism
pday. my favorite bakery in ravenna..ha. macaroon..this is for you sandi! haha 
mosaici 
she let us take photos in her workshop! and she showed us how you make mosaici as well! It was a once in a lifetime experience! mosaici



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment