Sunday, May 18, 2014

Firenze e la festa della mamma

This past weekend was a little bit crazy, but it was wonderful. 

We drove to Firenze with some members in our branch to go to stake conference. 

It was so much fun because we were able to walk around Firenze a little bit and see the Duomo, the medusa, the Davide replica, the leather market...I will just say that it was too much fun. We stayed the night with the sorelle in Firenze which was great because one of them were in the MTC with me. 

La festa della mamma was wonderful. It was so nice to talk to mom and dad face to face. It is weird to think that, that was my last skype in my mission. It is strange. The time is going by too fast. 

Well I don't know why but the last 4 companions I have only had for one transfer.. It is kind of sad but it has been good because I have learned so much from each of these companions. 

Yesterday during lunchtime I decided to take a nap or pisolino and then the anziani called and told Sorella Lemos that they had the transfer news.. So I woke up from my pisolino and they said; "Sorella Lemos you are going to Bergamo!" I am so happy for her because she will be going to my last city. She will be serving in a different ward than I served in but she will go to the same city as me. So I will be staying here in Ravenna but I will have a new companion. I think that it is going to be very good and I am excited to meet her on Thursday at the train station in bologna.  Change is good but hard. I have to give a talk this sunday in church, also the lesson in young womens, plus we have new beginnings this friday! I am going to miss Sorella Lemos. She is seriously such a strong person and has taught me how to make things happen. 

mamma mia! la mia vita in questi giorni!

It is going to be good. I am going to be pushed a ton so it should be interesting! 

So please just continue to pray for me because I have a lot to do! 

Yesterday we went to the home of our young womens president and we were able to hear her conversion story. She is meravigliosa!!! I have so much respect for her because she was the first member here in Ravenna. The church wasn't here, so she decided to write Salt Lake City to the churches headquarters. She continued to do this for a very long time..Finally one day she recieved a phone call from anziani who said that they were coming to Ravenna and the branch of Ravenna was started. She is such an example to me and also the young women here because even when she is facing trials she continues to serve the Lord and gives him everything that she can. I am grateful that I get to serve with her in the young womens because she is teaching me how to serve the Lord with your whole heart. It was another weird deja vu moment being in her home because it seemed very familiar like I had been there before. I know that we are going to do some good things for the young women here. I am excited for new beginnings this thursday. It is going to be a good night. 

Well things are about to get interesting here in Ravenna! ha

Vi voglio bene,

Sorella Rebecca Carter




Firenze


medusa


the gypsie and the street preformer


classical quitarist in centro


duomo in firenze is spectacular!



firenze



la festa della mamma


sorelle in firenze e rimini

















No comments:

Post a Comment