Tuesday, October 21, 2014

This is Italy

Last week when we were at Lecco looking out towards the lake I began to feel like I was in Como again. I felt close to home. I began to feel the feeling of this is my home right here in Italy. Home is truly where and what you make of it. I have come to see that on my mission. The people here in Italy have truly become my family and have made me feel at home. They have helped me to become a part of their family. I am grateful for the people here in Italy. Last Pday I was almost teary eyed thinking about leaving Italy because it has become my home during this year and a half. I love this people and this culture. I will miss all of this. I love being a representative of the Lord and it is hard to believe that there are only about 2 and a half weeks left here.  

The work is really busy here in Milano. I feel like the Lord is blessing me for all of my hard work that I have done during my mission. I am so grateful to be ending my mission here. It is the perfect ending to my mission. The Lord has taught me a lot here in Milano and I am grateful for these last lessons he is teaching me. These last few weeks are going to be very busy for us here to say the least.

Sunday was my last fast and testimony meeting and I knew that I needed to bare my testimony, but I didn't want to take time that someone else could speak..But then the thought popped into my mind that this was the way to show my Heavenly Father gratitude for all that he has taught me on my mission. So I went up for my last time as a missionary and bore my testimony to the ward members. It is weird. I don't know how I feel. It is sad because it feels likes this story is ending , but I know that right after a new story will start again. 

We have a part member family that we are meeting with and three of the daughters are not members. We have been teaching them and they are supposed to get baptized not this saturday but next saturday. The mother who is a member told us, "This day is going to be a special day for our family." I know that it is going to be a very special day for them. It will be on my last saturday in Italy. I am so grateful for them and the faith that they have. I am grateful for eachday that I have here. I am so happy to be serving the Lord. It feels like I am getting to the climax of a movie and everything is just unfolding right before my eyes. 

I love you all!

love, 
Sorella Rebecca Carter 

this was last pday when we went to Lecco. 


this week an old woman asked if I was french. haha each week it changes. 



lecco



birds





this is italy 




lecco is like como but it looks a lot more like switzerland. 




All of the cities that I have served in except for Ravenna. 















No comments:

Post a Comment