Saturday, October 11, 2014

My Final Testimony

On monday I had to give my departing testimony in front of my whole zone. I have been reading my journal from my mission trying to decide what I have learned on my mission. I was a little bit nervous as I stood in front of everyone because I was the first to bare my testimony. As I stood there I paused for a good 30-45 seconds and felt such gratitude. 

I just remember saying, " I am so grateful.." and then I began to burst out into tears. My hands felt a tinglely and I just began speaking the words that I felt in my heart. I felt so grateful to be able to thank my Heavenly Father and my Savior all that they have taught me during my mission. I have been thinking recently how grateful I am that Heavenly Father placed the desire in my heart to serve a mission. He sneaked that desire into my heart and I am grateful that he did it cosi! I wouldn't have learned what I have learned if it wasn't for my mission. The experiences that I have had during this year and a half I cherish with all of my heart, even the hard moments. God truly has a plan for each of us and knows exactly the lessons we must learn. He has taught me more than I thought I would ever learn. 

I think God is trying to teach me gratitude and how much he loves me. I have been humbled here in Milano. He has helped me to become more grateful for the gospel and the hard moments on my mission. I understand now. 

I finished the Book of Mormon this past week and as I finished I began to see how much Heavenly Father loves his children. He helps us and knows us so well. Time and time again he helped his children in the Book of Mormon and he helps me everyday. As I read Moroni 10:3-5 this time I was filled with appreciation for my Heavenly Father and his son Gesù Cristo because there are so many tender mercies that come from them. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon because it helps me to come closer to my Savior Gesù Cristo. He has walked beside me in my trials and knows exactly the trials that I face every single day. 

The work is busy. Really busy. I love it. I will miss this soon. I am happy that I have three more weeks to serve the Lord as a full-time missionary. Time is going fast. My brain feels like mush at times, but the Lord is helping me to keep moving forward. I am blessed. 

I wasn't able to watch all of General Conference, but I was grateful to watch the two sessions that I could watch. I am grateful that we have a living prophet! I know that God still speaks to his children and that he loves us so incredibily much. 

I love you all so much! You have all been there for me in the good and the hard moments. 

TVB, 

Sorella Rebecca Carter

a nun buying a metro ticket


my last zone training 


we got pumpkins today!


today we are going to Lecco today for pday. 

pesto pizza



I have a funny story about this duomo photo..one day I will tell you all! ha



also by the way.. the anziani are teaching a man from Croatia and he is from about the same part as our family. small world! I am going to do genealogy when I get home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment