Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Valentines Day...Part 2


Well this week has been good. We were going to an appointment this week and we saw a family that looked lke they were from Germany or Holland. Then all of the sudden the Grandma came up to me and started speaking to me in Dutch I believe. I have no clue. She just kept talking to me it was hilarious. Then her family members tried to call her back as if to say, "Grandma grandma come back now.." It was a great start to the week. 

San valentino was great. Sorella Roth and I had a good day with heart shaped pancakes and little San Valentino treats for the big day. It was probably the best Valentine's Day that I have ever had. Teaching people all day with Sorella Roth it was a blessed day. Plus I loved seeing all of the cute little decorations next to our apartment. We live by not 1 but 2 flower shops which we can see outside of our windows. They had some cute San Valentino decorations up. 

This week we brought a member to do casa with us and it was adorable. Shesh! The members here in Bergamo I love them all so much already! I am so happy that I am going to be here in Bergamo for another transfer with Sorella Roth. There are going to be some good things that are going to happen this next transfer and we are getting excited for that. 

Sunday we were walking to our apartment after church when all of the sudden we hear horse sounds.. not a joke. Then we see a man in a carriage with his horse and the horse is just clinking its heels on the ground. They just carelessly went in front of our apartment building and carried on. Bergamo, how I love this city. It is the place of dreams and the occasional farm animal. 

Today I was reading in Alma 36:5-16, 17-27. I love this chapter. Alma is talking to his son Helaman and he is giving him advice. He begins by telling his son how his soul was so sad and weighed down with pain because of the sins that he had chosen to do. He said that these sins were weighing him down, but in verse 17 he says how he remembered someone said that Jesus Christ would come and be our Savior and Redeemer. He began to rejoice and those burdens that he once had went away. I love how he experienced the greatest pain and also the greatest joy. I am very grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. I feel so blessed to be able to have this precious gift so we dont have to have those pains of guilt forever. I know that only through Jesus Christ atonement that we can have the opportunity to have la vita eterna. I am grateful that I can use this atonement everyday to better myself and help me to recognize the things that I want to change. 

I love you all and I hope that you had a buon san valentino last week! 

vi voglio bene, 
Sorella Rebecca Carter

sorry for the short email

so much dessert polenta! they are all about the polenta here in bergamo
one of the two flower shops
cità alta





Vespa's



Flower stands


animal friends.. rabbit, fesant(forse?) e poi duck


bergamasco


Gemma...the best gelato



Buon San Valentino



heart pancakes..




creepy matching velvet gloves


rain























No comments:

Post a Comment