Saturday, November 30, 2013

Como For Christmas!


Well I found out last night that I will be staying in COMO FOR CHRISTMAS. I never thought I would be here in Como for this long. I feel very blessed to still be here in Como.
 
Before I found out I was staying I thought that Sorella Stephens was staying so I started packing my bags..but then we found out she was leaving although I have already been in Como for 4 transfers. So I had to un pack my suitcases which is always awkward. hah. I was so excited to get the news that I would be staying, although sad because Sorella Stephens is leaving. I am going to miss her so much! She was great and we were just ourselves with one another which was great. She is going to Mestre to be a sister training leader and I know that she will be amazing there. It is funny because she is going to be companions with sorella McCann's trainer. ha Pretty cool.
 
This transfer will be very funny to say the least because my new companion is Sorella Carter..I am not joking..It is the truth. ha. I knew it was inevitable  because there are a ton of Carter's here now in the mission. Finding is going to be hilarious because everyday people are going to ask us if we are sisters and I know that our ward members are going to laugh and make jokes about it. shesh! But who knows maybe we actually are related? That would be pretty cool. This will be great. Plus now I am going to be the senior companion....I am a little bit nervous because a lot of the weight will be put on my shoulders. I know this transfer is going to push me a lot in a good way. Plus I will probably be speaking more Italian than I already was..So I am sure that my Italian will improve as well.
 
There is now snow in the mountains...There are Christmas decorations coming up..Gingerbread houses set up in Piazza Cavour. It seems more like Christmas each and everyday. I am so excited to spend Christmas time with the people I love here in Como. This will be a very special Christmas here in Como that I am sure dimenticarĂ² mai. AH! There are so many great things that around the corner I can't wait.
 
Today we had a Thanksgiving feast since we have transfers tomorrow. Which was full of american thanksgiving food that Sorella Stephens mom sent her.
 
During studies today I finished a book called "Our Search for Happiness" by Elder Ballard. This book is so simple. I loved it. As I read the basic principles of the gospel I began to realize how I can to have a testimony of these things and why these principle are important for me. It is interesting because there are so many people who are trying to find happiness. I have seen that the greatest joy and happiness that I have had in my life is through living the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am more and more grateful for the gospel, principles and commandments because they have helped me to have this happiness in life. I hope that this week you will all try and think what brings you happiness and if you haven't found it yet, I want to invite you to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. This book has been a source of happiness to me and I am very greatful for the things I can learn from this meraviglioso book.
 
I am excited to still be here but I know it is about to get harder because I am going to be the senior companion but luckily I am never alone and the Lord will be here to help me.
 
I love you all! Enjoy that delicious Thanksgiving food for me in America!
 
Love,
Sorella Carter


Grating cheese Napolitano style


Learning how to make pizza and lasagna



Snow in the mountains


It was cold so the rain froze on the car


Cachi..a winter fruit here in Italy...maybe dad remembers this fruit


Thanksgiving



 

No comments:

Post a Comment