Thursday, October 10, 2013

General Conference


This weekend was a bit crazy. Two days before conference I got sick with a cold/chills/stomach hurting. But luckily I was well enough to watch general conference. It was amazing. I loved all of it. We only missed the last session. I wrote down some different questions that I wanted to have answers to and it was very interesting how my questions that I wrote down were answered. I am very grateful for the power of prayer and that our prayers can and will be answered even in through other people. I loved the theme of conference this time as well. I am hoping that we will be able to work with the members even more so to have this member missionary work happen. There were many talks that I loved and I am excited to read them again.
 
Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Well Sunday morning at 4 am a alarm went off. I was very tired and thought to myself "It is probably someones alarm" as I went back to sleep..but then one of the sorelle yelled "it's the carbon monoxide alarm, we have to get out!". I quickly put on my rainboots and ran out the door. We called the mission office and we went back in and had the windows open that night..

    The next day Monday morning at 5 am the alarm went off again.. so we went outside again and this time we talked to our mission president. The next thing he tells us is that we need to put on church clothes and go to the church and someone would pick us up and take us to the mission office/home. So we waited a little bit and then we went on our way to the mission office.

     It was funny because we had interviews on monday in Milano but we had them in the mission home instead that night. It was strange but a cool experience in a way because we were able to help and organize the inventory of missionary supplies to help out the office.

      This experience was all very strange that we had the carbon monoxide alarm go off twice but I was very grateful because it truly was an answer to my prayers. As we were in the mission home I felt such an overwelming feeling of love and during my interview with President Dibb. It is strange how Heavenly Father answers our prayers in sometimes unusual ways. ha It also was a blessing because a senior couple came to fix some things in our apartment. Also we found out our carbon monoxide alarm was broken so we got a new alarm. ha
 
Transfers

Well we have transfers next week. I have a strong feeling that I will be leaving como, but you never know. I am ready to do whatever the Lord wants me to do.
 
I love you all very much. Thank you all for your prayers and love. I have felt that love times here. I am so grateful for the support I have from you all.
 
 
love,
sorella carter

No comments:

Post a Comment