Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Conference is Coming!


Conference Finding
Well this week has been pretty good. The usual bedones from people, finding, teaching and etc.
 
This week we have been doing a ton of general conference finding. We made little flyers to invite people to come to conference this weekend. Which has been very interesting. I asked this 20ish year old italian if he believed that we have a prophet today. All I could get out quick enough to say befor he left was.. perchè? He then told us that he didnt believe in it. I then looked to my companion Sorella Stephens unsure what to say. She begins to talk about general conference and invites him to come. At the end he said he might come out of curiosity...so we are hoping to have some people come to conference this weekend.
 
I think one of my favorite things about the mission is during finding especially when people say they dont believe or are not interested. I have truly seen the spirit touch their hearts so we could share our message with them. Like with this italian man we talked to.
 
Como 1
I love my ward. Last weekend we had a ward activity. It was the best. We went to a park that had a little dirt track and every few feet there was an excercise they were supposed to do. I loved seeing all of these members just be themselves and have their personalities come out. Seriously these members here in Como are special. I really look up to each of them and I feel that they are truly teaching me more than I am teaching them. It will be hard when I have to leave como because it truly feels like my second home here.
 
Sunday surprises
One of the cute older women in the ward came up to us and the anziani and told us that she made us some homemade lasagna to take home for pranzo..which was delicious
 
One of our new converts got a calling! He is now a ward missionary! He was so excited to get this calling and we are very excited to start taking him to some of our lessons now.
 
Ottobre 1st
This week I hit the five month mark on the mission. Time truly flies by so fast on the mission. I was looking through my old mtc italian notebook and it made me realize how far I have come with the language. This week even a member told me that they have noticed a difference in my italian and that is has improved so much since I have been here in como. It seriously was good to hear that they thought I have improved because it is sometimes hard to recognize if my italian is improving. I have a long wa to go with italian..It is a struggle every day but it is getting better little by little each day.
 
Today I read Ether 12 in the Bookof Mormon which is about faith and hope. I just  wanted to write my three favorite verses from this chapter.
 
ether 12:4 "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
 
ether 12:6 " And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these thing: I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen, wherefore, dispute not because ye se not, for ye recieve no witness until after the trial of your faith."
 
ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble, and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
 
I have a strong testimony of these three scriptures and I know that they are true. I know that as we have faith we can gain hope as well. Life can be very challenging at times but I have seen how muc the book of mormon has helped me through these trials. I also know that as we humble ourselves and ask to know our weaknesses they will be made known to us and they truly can be turned into strengths. I have seen this to be true many times on my mission.
 
I am excited for conference this weekend and the here the words of the Prophet Thomas S. Monson and the 12 apostles. I hope you all will watch it as well. I love you all and enjoy conference weekend.
 
 
It is starting to get cold here in como!
 
love,
sorella carter


Homemade lasagna


I bought this scarf today to keep warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment