Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Miracles


First off happy birthday to Clara and Grace!! I cant believe that they are 3 and 1 years old! That is crazy to believe! Give them a huge hug and kiss from aunt becca! I love you both so much and I miss you both!

June 27th
June 27th was the anniversary of the martydom of Joseph Smith. Our mission president asked us to read in Doctrine and Covenants section 135. Which is an amazing chapter and is where President and Sorella Wolfgramm got the idea of gems (grow every missionary). He also asked us to place a book of mormon with someone. We had so many opportunities this day to talk to others about Jospeh Smith. We had a lesson with a woman that is a new mother and gave her a book of mormon. She seems very interested and I think we re going to ask her a specific baptismal date next week. I am so grateful for Joseph Smith. When I begin to think of all of the trials I am going through I thnk of him and his great faith and total trust in the Lord. When I think of him, my bad days become a little easier realizing all of the trials he went through. I am so grateful fo him and his many sacrifices to bring forth the book of mormon. This is the biggest difference for our church: the restoration/the book of mormon. I am so grateful for the book of mormon. Each day during personal I can so clearly see the principles of the gospel or scriptures that our investigators need to hear. I love the book of momon and I have a testimony that is can change lives and strengthen families. I want to invite whoever is reading this letter to readthe book of mormon, whether you have read it a million times or never before. I know that as you read this book with an open heart and mind that you will strive to become a better person.. I love this book and I know that it can change your life if you allow it to.



Sisters dance
We have two other sorelle that live with us. For some reason sorella mancuso and I decided one night to sing the song "sisters" from white christmas...and we got out our umbrellas because it was raining that day so we could try and do the dance from the movie. By the end we just were laughing too much to sing the song.




Missionary Broadcast
It was amazing! Luckily we got to watch it in english! After a member came up to us and told us that he has a referral for us! yaysuccess!

July 1st
Lets just say july 1st was an unforgettable day. The day was hard because we had to go to Milano for Sorella McCann so we didnt get to do much missionary work. When we got back to como we had fhe at a families home with one of our investigators and the spirit was so strong during the lesson. WE were teaching her the plan of salvation...specifically the atonement. The members were great as well becaus they bore powerful testiomony and one pointed to his arm and said this is how I feel the spirit. Ah.. We have been having a hard time getting a date with her and we told her earlier that wer wanted her to pray about when she wants to get baptized. At the end of the lesson she shared a scripture that was beautiful in Alma 7 and she bore her testimony to us. THen she pulled out her baptismal calendar that we made her and she pointed to July 20th!!! She said that this date feels right to her and that she has been praying to know when to be baptized. All of the prayers we said for her and fasting I believe have truly gotten her to this point. I am so excited for her. I will have my first baptism in my first transfer in Italy. Ah she is soo brava! Brava Ragazza!

Oh we also asked anoher woman this week to be baptized on July 20th and she pretty much said yes to us. So we may be planning for two baptisms this transfer.

Seriously all of the hard moments of rejections are sooo worth it when an investigator feels the spirit, prays, or bares their testimony to you!

We will meet our new mission president next monday! President Dibb! I am very excited to meet him and his wife next week.

I love you all! Thank you for the prayers I have truely felt them this week. I am so grateful for all the love and support tat you all give me.

love,
sorella carter




No comments:

Post a Comment