Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Week Two in Italy


I will be completely honest. This week has been really challenging. There were days when our appointments fell through, no one would listen to us and I was tired. I am so grateful to be here although it has been more of a challenging week I am truely learning so much and what I need to work on to become a better disciple of Christ.

There was a moment this week where someone began to bible bash us and it hurt a lot because I realized how much the gospel means to me. I also felt that it was a stab at my testimony. There was one day in particular this week where all of the appointments and backups we had fell through. Sorella McCann and I hd to judt keep pressing forward with faith hoping we could teach someone.

One of the days during the week we were walking through a park and we saw a man and began to talk to him nd had a lesson with him. At the beggining of the lesson we asked if he believed in god and he told us no. By the end of the lesson he prayed. He prayed to God. We have taught him since. He is great. He wants to know more but he is starting school for nursing so we cant meet with him until august. I am excited for him to start reading the book of mormon. We taught him about the plan of slavation and I told him about Grandma carter and rachel k and about my testimony of the plan of salvation. I think he could tell that this gospel is literally good news. we gave him one to start reading. I hope he will be able to remember the spirit he felt when we taught him. (by the way his lessons have been in english)ha

Another investigator we have is so close to baptism. She is so ready! We are waiting to see what date she wants to be baptized. I a excited and I have a feeling she will get baptized this transfer. She came to church sunday too!

Sunday I bore my testimony in church. It went very well. When I said that dadserved in como I could hear whispers going on. It was great. hah Catarina remembers dad and wants me to bring a picture of him and of our family. She isnt in our ward anymore because the ward was recently split into two wards.



Our last investigator that is progressing is another gem. He truly seems interested in our message. I think it is more for intellectual reasons but I am sure soon enough it will turn into him learning of the spirit.

sorry its a short one this week. Missions are hard. This week was epecially testing but I am grateful for it because it is helping me grow and become the person that I want to become.

I also want to say thank you for all of the emails and letters. they mean a lot! I love you all! Thank you for your prayers! I have truly felt them this week.

love,
sorella carter





No comments:

Post a Comment