Wednesday, June 5, 2013

One Week Closer to Italy!


This is my last week in the MTC! I can't believe it! The time has gone by so quickly.

Happy Birthday Dad and Amber! I hope that you will both have a great birthday! I love you both very much and I hope that you both know that.

New Friends
This week we became friends with the german elders and the french district. We were walking downstairs to go to TALL to see if there were any computers open when I see that the french classroom was open! I was sooo excited because they are always in class when we have breaks so we never meet them. I gave a huge sigh and stared at them for a good mkinute before words could come out of my mouth. They are all going to Paris! L'amore francese! They bore their testimonies to us and it was absolutely beautiful.  One sorella and anziano bore their testimony in french. I love Italian but Freanch will always have a special place in my heart. I am so happy I finally got to meet the french disrtict before I left for Italy.

Travel Plans
Friday we got our travel plans! We leave June 11th! I wasn't sure if I was getting my visa because I never had to go to the consulate in Salt Lake City. But apparently if you are from Southern California you don't have to go there. So i'm going to Italy! yay! I was so happy when I found this out because I thought my visa was not coming on time or something. It's crazy to think that my time in the MTC is almost over. I can't wait to teach the people of Italy!

Songs
Sometimes for fun in my district and the other districts like to translate English songs into Italian..hah
For example: "Love" (from the movie the parent trap)
"Teardrops on my Guitar" -Taylor Swift
"I can go the distance" (from hercules)

Food
I will just tell you that the food is decent. There are lots of choices of what you can eat. They always have the BYU creamery ice cream on Wednesdays and Sundays and desserts...too many desserts. Which is always so tempting after a stressful day of classes and language study. I will definitely be excited to eat the food in Italy shortly to say the least! ha

Dario
We had a lesson with him last week about baptism and the importance of baptism it went pretty well. Next lesson we are going to teach him the commandments which is kind of scary because we have never taught that lesson before so it will be good practice for us.

Lessons
Lately during lessons I feel that the spirit has just been neutral and hasn't been as strong as in past lessons. During coaching study with Fratello Cena we talked about that and what I could do. Of course we turned to Preach my Gospel. (which I should have thought of)..haha The part that we looked at talked about how we can invite the spirit. There were two points that he highlighted.
1 Purifying our hearts
2 Exercising Faith
He asked me "What does exercising faith mean to you?"... I told him putting your whole heart into something. After I said that I had a feeling he was going to turn what I said into a question (which he did)...I already knew my answer to his question and I realized I needed to work harder than I was working. I was so grateful for this small experience because recently I have been praying to know of what I need to do in order to invite the spirit into our lessons. I am grateful for Fratello Cena because this was truly an answer to my prayers by helping me recognize what I need to be doing.

Brown Paper Packages
Thank you for the pictures sandi!! I loved those sooo much! I started tearing up looking at the picture because they were soo cute! I love ruby's little ponytail! Violet is soo cuby too! haha I loved the photo's. The one that was titled" when will my life begin" reminded me of rapunzel saying "This is the best day ever!" haha
Thank you for the package mom! It was such a nice surprise to get in the mail and thank you for the gold sandals! Thank you to all that wrote me dear elders and letters this week.

Fiorella's lesson
We taught Fiorella sabato(saturday). It was wonderful! I was speaking Italian! I was speaking actual Italian! hah I looked into her eyes and tolde her with confidence the baptismal invite and also the first vision! Seriously 5 weeks ago that would not have been possible! I have come so far in this amount of time and I can't wait to see where I am at the end of my mission. I know that the Lord has truly helped me learn as much Italian as I have thus far. Italian is such a beautiful language. The more I hear it the more I want to speak and understand it.

TRC
(teaching members of the church similiar to giving a family home evening message)
We taught Bill and the Cardullo Couple (which we taught before). We taught both lessons about the importance of developing Christlike attributes in our life and challegned them to develop an attribute. The cardullo couple are seriously awesome. Their son is going to Italy Milan mission in july and they are seriously soooo excited for him. It was great to see their enthusiam.

Trying new things
One of the Romanian elders is from Australia and appartenly they eat veggiemite (condiment) on toast and "chocolate biscuits" aka kit kats. So one morning I was eating my breakfast when I hear an elder from behind me yell "Carter!" I had no clue who it was. but then I saw it was elder middlebrook. He brought the veggiemite for me to try. As soon as I put the veggiemite in my mouth I could feel my gag reflex going and I thought that I was going to throw up. Luckily I didn't! Phew! It seriously tasted like a mixture of beef broth and soy sauce. I guess there is a first time for everything!

Germans
One of the german elders has a really lous voice and he is one of those people who doesn't realize how to talk quietly. He just talks very loudly about you when he means to be talking quietly. So this elder and his companion pass by Sorella Wlach and I one day and says in a "trying to be quiet voice" "They speak Italian!!"...hahah Sorella Walch and I started laughing soo hard because he was talking so loud when he was trying to be all secretive about it. haha

Lessons from Cena
So we read a stroy in the book mormon about Amulekiah and Lehonti and he decided to compare the story to us. He told us to not lower our standards and that satan will try and sneak in little by little until he has us completely. It was funny because he said "satana dice va bene".. we all started laughing because he said it so casual how he said "va bene" and it didn't seem like something that would be ever said. Ohh good times in Italian class.

It is bittersweet that this is my last pday in america for a year and a half. I am so excited with what the future holds. I am excited to meet my trainer in Italy and all the other milano missionaries. Apparently I can't count because there are 24 missionaries that are going to milano all together. Pretty exciting! I don't know when my pdays will be when I get to Italy so I guess I will just find out when I get there.

I love you all! Thank you for all of the love and support. Keep writing and emailing me! I love you all

love,
Sorella Carter




No comments:

Post a Comment