Sunday, March 16, 2014

La Festa Della Donna



Last week on our way back from sanremo back to Bergamo we had a pretty cool little miracle happen. We were sitting on the train and all of the sudden an old Italian man comes and sits by us, but he left because he said that there was not enough space.. Then a young college aged girl comes sits by us. So Sorella Woods and I were talking to one another and I realized that we were speaking to eachother in english, so I asked the girl if she speaks english. So we come to find out that she is half Italian/half english, studying literature at università. We then were able to teach her the Restoration and gave her The Book of Mormon in Italian. We got her number but we had to leave, so I called her number really quick so that we wouldn't lose her phone number. 

About a half hour later she texted us back and asked if we were the girls that she talked to on the train. She then told us that she is really interested in what we talked to her about and that she wants to learn more!!! We were so excited! So we gave the other sorelle her number that live in her area so that they can teach her! She is so ready to hear the gospel! Train miracles! 

La festa della Donna is a wonderful holiday that they celebrate here in Italia. It is a day to celebrate woman. 8 di marzo was a glorious day indeed! It was such a fun sight to see woman holding a flower called mimosa that is a yellow flower. Woman had mimose in their hands, on the dash board of their cars...Mimose was everywhere. We got some gelato at our favorite gelatoria and it seriously was the best moment..It seemed as if it was off a movie. I had my gelato in one hand and the Italian man handed me mimosa for la festa della donna! Blessed be the day! I love this holiday. Later as we had the mimose in our hands an old Italian man past by and stops.. He turned towards us and said," Auguri donne!" Sorella Woods and I just looked at eachother and started giggling. We both felt very content in that moment. Oh how I love Italy! 

One of our investigators came to church on Sunday again for her third time! We were so excited on sunday! One of the members invited her to pranzo next sunday and she freaked out, she was so excited. I love her so much. She is a little bit sassy and is so excited everytime we come and teach her. She shares what we teach her to her friends as well. She is great.

La prima vera è quasi qui! But really it is almost here. The weather is beautiful and the flowers are starting to bloom. Thhe leaves are starting to pop out of the branches. It is almost warm enough outside to not wear tights or winter coats! It is so close to spring. The daffodills are out.. It is beautiful. I think Sorella Woods probably gets annoyed at me because everytime I see a new flower or green leaf  that is popping out I stop and show her..haha What can I say? I love spring and flowers. ha 

The other day I was trying to figure out the bus system here in bergamo, but it is very confusing. So I asked the person to my right if they knew how it works. The man was a very nice man from India and he helped us figure the bus schedule but at the end he asked me, "Can I make friendship with you?" I was really confused and I just basically stated 3 Nephi 5:13 to him in my own words.. Yep I am still an awkward person. But it is okay. haha

We are going to Città Alta today! I am very excited! I love you all very much! 

Vi voglio bene, 

Sorella Rebecca Carter








Everyday Sorella woods hides Pascal in a new place


Everyday...hah


Awkward photos...


















No comments:

Post a Comment