Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Bittersweet


I knew it would happen eventually... I am finally leaving Como. It is such a bittersweet feeling to leave Como after serving here for 7 months. Oh how I love these people here in Como. I never thought it would be possible to love a group of people so much until I met this ward. I have learned more from them than I could ever teach them. I am so grateful that I was able to serve in Como as my first city. It was such a blessing to walk the streets that my dad once walked. I will never forget the friendships that I have made here with the members. For the testimonies of the sweet members here in Como. The miracles that I have seen these last 7 months months. That is one thing that I can now say that I know for sure. That God is a God of miracles. I have truly witnessed that here in Como. I have a strong testimony know of obedience and I have learned that by the example of the members here.
 
I am so sad to leave Como but I am also very excited. I found out yesterday that I will be going to Bergamo!! I am very happy to go to this city. I have only heard good things about the city, members and people. I know it is time for another adventure. I know it will be a wonderful city and I can't wait to meet the sweet people of Bergamo. It will be different but I am excited for change and to meet other great people that will strengthen my testimony.
 
We taught one of our investigators yesterday and we asked when we could see her again and I said "Can we meet with you at the same time on Thursady?" But then I looked over at my companion and I realized that we wouldn't be able to because we will be in milano. So I had to tell this investigator that I was leaving Como. As soon as I told her she started crying. I was shocked. She was so sweet and for the next 10 minutes she thanked me for helping her to come closer to God. She told me that she was sad but she wants me to teach other people so that they can come closer to God as well. As we walked away she continued to cry and it finally hit me that I am leaving Como.
 
That night we had family home evening with our ward so I was able to see some of the ward members one last time. I was fine the whole night. I held it together. I said goodbye to my favorite people that have strengthened my testimony so much. But when our new convert drove us home I realized that this was probably the last time that I would see them for a while. It hit me like bricks. As we got out of the car, my eyes were full of tears realizing that I had to say goodbye to them. Oh how I love these people here. I can't even begin to express how much I love these people. They have changed me and I will forever remember them. They have stolen a piece of my heart that I will never be able to take back.
 
It is going to be hard to leave, but it is time to start in Bergamo. I am grateful that I have been given this opportunity to go to Bergamo. My new companion is Sorella Roth. My first transfer in Italy I did a scambio with her, so I already know her and I am excited to work with her in Bergamo. I am sad but I am ready to get to work in Bergamo.
 
Change is hard but it has to happen. I am ready for the next thing that the Lord has in store for me. It is going to be a great experience in Bergamo. I know that I am absolutely going to love it there.
 
I love you all!
 
love,
 
Sorella Rebecca Carter
 
 
****send mail to the mission home address until I give you my new address in Bergamo***









                                                     I am going to miss Como










No comments:

Post a Comment