Wednesday, September 11, 2013

New Companion


New Companion
Well my companion Sorella Stephens is great. I love her! Always so patient and happy. She was in Reggio Emilia for her last 4 transfers (she is young in the mission as well) where there are a ton of people who speak english there so it is going to be a lot different than her last ward. We are going to learn a lot of Italian this transfer which will be great. Seriously this was such an answer to prayer because I really need to improve my italian this transfer. I am excited to work harder this transfer and learn a lot this new transfer with Sorella Stephens. I am very grateful I know how to us the bus and the area well enough because it would be rough if we were both new to the area. It has been good during lessons because I have been speakng more and the people are always so kind and patient and always willing to help me.


Baptism
Saturday was our baptism! It was a beautiful night and went smoothly. It was so sweet because her husband who was less active when we started meeting with them was able to baptize our investigator (his wife). It was a very special night because I was able to see all of the changes happen. It brought tears to my eyes to see the changes that were made to get to this point. After the baptism her husband came up to us and said,"You have helped our family.. now it is time for us to help you". It was so sweet to hear those words come out of his mouth. They are going to be such a help to the ward. I am grateful that I know this sweet family and I truly feel that I knew them before.





Ward Mission Plan
On sunday our ward mission leader and our bishop proposed an amazing ward mission plan. We were all excited because the members are going to be more involved with missionary work and they will in return be strengthened from their efforts.

Help learning italian
We decided that we are going start having one of our recent converts help us with learning italian and after we will have a lesson with her. We asked her on sunday and she was just so excited that she could help us because she has only lived in italy for a year or two. I am excited to learn more italian and help her feel important and loved. It is going tobe a great transfer.

Scripture Studies
"Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is etended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I recieve; and blessed are those who come unto me." (The Book of Mormon...3 Nephi 9:14) What a beautiful promise for us. I read this scripture this morning and it made me very grateful that I can be here in Como, Italy inviting others to come unto christ. As I am inviting these people to come unto christ in returnI have become even closer to my savior and redeemer Gesù Cristo. I read 3 Nephi 11 today as well and it is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. It is when Gesù Cristo comes to the Americas and speaks to the people there. There is always such a sweet spirit as I read that chapter. I truly have a testimony that God is aware of his people wherever they may be in the world. He loves us. One of my favorite phrases to say to people on the street, investigtors, and etc is "Dio ci ama." I know that God loves us and will always love us even when we make mistakes. There have been some things this week tha have been difficult but one thing that always brings me comfort is that Dio ci ama. I know this is true and I am grateful for this knowledge I have.

I am getting more tired each day, but I love this feeling of working so hard and feeling that satisfaction after working hard. I am grateful to be here. I love these people. They are truly strengthening my testimony probably more than I am doing for them. I am somehow speaking italian to people... Heavenly Father has helped me so much already with this language and continues to help me each day with it. I know that heavenly Father is helping me through all of this and I am grateful for that. I love you all.

love,
sorella carter


The como due sorelle with us...dont judge my tummy..ha




Saying goodbye



Como uno missionaries


No comments:

Post a Comment