Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Baptism!

Buon Natale Tutti! I am very excited for Christmas here and to spend it with the people of Como. It will definetely be a different Christmas but I know that it will be one that I will never forget. I am happy that I will be able to spend this time with the wonderful ward members of Como. 

It has been a little bit harder to find people to teach these last weeks but somehow we still keep going and God blesses us with little miracles here and there. 

Saturday was a very special day. Our new convert was able to baptize his son. It was very special to be able to witness two generations baptized and how this message is truely blesses families. After his son was baptized he was smiling ear to ear. I feel so incredibly blessed to be here and see these wonderful people grow and change. Thes new converts are so inspiring for me. That help me want to become a better person. One of our other new converts was telling us how before she takes her son to school they say a little prayer together. I was so proud of her and the example she is setting for her young little boy. I told her many times during that lesson how grateful I was for her example, because she makes me want to be better.  

This Saturday we are having our ward christmas party and I am excited to spend this time with the ward members and investigators. We helped them by making a sleeta and a reena (sleigh, and reindeer) for the end of the party. They are having the primary do a little nativity so it will be a wonderful night I am sure of it. 

I am happy to spend christmas in Italy this year and I know it will be an unforgettable Christmas. Thank you all for your love, support, letters, prayers. I am very grateful for you all and I am grateful for the blessings of the gospel. I hope you all will enjoy Christmas and try and find the beauty of the birth of our Savior and Redeemer Gesù Cristo. I love you all and I am excited to skype with you on Christmas! 

Buon Natale, 

Sorella Rebecca Carter





The Baptism



Christmas gifts from a cute elderly couple in our ward


Como Duomo


sleeta e renna



No comments:

Post a Comment